How to Pick the Vendors for Your Wedding!
We know how difficult it can be to plan a wedding because we've done it in 2022! That's why we have decided to give you some insight and help with this weekly series! Every Monday we will highlight another one of the very important vendors that make a seamless and stunning wedding day come to life!
Understanding Wedding Photography
Professional Wedding photographers are master craftspeople with experience in many fields. Not only do wedding photographers work to better their skillset behind their camera constantly but they are also small business owners, meaning they might be their own accountants, marketer, designer, scheduler, editors, and so many other jobs that go into the day-to-day of a small business like ours!
Have you ever spontaneously sewed at work? I guarantee you nearly all professional wedding photographers have! The wedding day comes with a very unique set of challenges vendors learn to handle with both ease and discretion. Wedding photographers are prepared and always keep their composure about the day. Every problem can be solved and It's important to find a photographer who is confident and who makes you feel confident.
Wedding Photographers are constant learners as technology races all around its important to find someone who understands how to properly store files, manage receipts and invoices, and understand different resolutions
A professional will be able to walk you through having your dream gallery printed or made into an album and help you understand the archival stability of papers and inks used at professional print labs so that one day your great-grandchildren will have stunning images that have aged beautifully!
Picking Your Photographer!
There are so many photographers out there how do you find a professional? There are a few things to look for!
- Do they have a contract or agreement document?
- Do they have client testimonials?
- Do they have proper insurance?
- Do you enjoy not only their editing but also their shooting style?
Meet Your Photographer Before Booking!
We find this step is often overlooked and it's so important! Your photographer is the person you will spend the majority of your day with! You want to not only enjoy their photography but also who they are and what they value most for your day! Meeting over Zoom or in person is so massive to understanding the person behind the email!
- Determine your vision for the day. How do you want it captured? What are your priorities? Ask yourself how important will your images be to you in 5, 10, or 20 years of marriage.
- Find 3-5 Photographers whose work you feel connected with and schedule a chat with them!
- Trust your gut on who you felt most comfortable and connected with!
- Discuss agreements, rates, and delivery
- Schedule an engagement shoot with them as a test run! That's the best way to understand how they will work on the day of!
- Trust your Photographers creative vision and knowledge (You worked hard to find them!)
- GET MARRIED!
- Enjoy your cherished memories for decades to come